NOT Bail Bondsmen (Please contact the Department of Insurance for licensure)
The Board of Examiners of Bail Enforcement Agents, the regulatory body for this industry, meets on a quarterly basis.
Board of Examiners Meeting Schedule
New Licensure / Initial Classroom Training
Process for obtaining a new license/identification card/badge for Bail Enforcement Agents:
- Initial ClassroomTraining must be taken first – the next steps will be explained at this training.
- Information/registration for the mandatory classroom training can be found at the DTCC Training Flier link below:
DTTC Initial Classroom Training
Renewal process for Bail Enforcement Agents:
- Must Complete the BEA application that can be obtained at the below link.
- Follow the directions for the fingerprinting process at either SBI Dover or Troop 2.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $65.00 is due at the time of fingerprinting. Fee can be paid by cash, certified check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, company check, or money order. No personal checks accepted.
- NOTE: Upon approval, an email will be sent with instructions on how to obtain your renewed identification card and license.
- The four year renewal fee of $50.00 shall be paid at this time.
Bail Enforcement Agent Application
Mandatory continuing education for licensed BEA’s can be found at the link below:
DTCC Continuing Education
Approved instructors for firearms, baton, nightstick, PR24, chemical spray, handcuffs or CEW can be found at the link below:
Criteria for licensure can be found at the below links for the law and rules and regulations:
Rules and Regulations