There is a non-refundable $105.00 fee to initially apply or renew a Private Investigator Identification Card/License. All fees are paid when registering with IdentiGO (consult the process to obtain or renew a Private Investigator License)
Anyone who wishes to be licensed, under this chapter, as a Private Investigator, must meet and maintain the following requirements:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age;
2. Must not have been convicted of any felony;
3. Must not have been convicted of any misdemeanor involving a theft-related offense, drug offense, or moral turpitude, within the last 7 years, and:
a. There are no more than 2 of such misdemeanors during such person’s lifetime; and
b. No misdemeanor conviction occurred during or as a result of employment in a capacity regulated by this chapter.
4. Must not have been, as a juvenile, adjudicated delinquent for conduct which, if committed by an adult would constitute a felony, unless and until that person has reached his or her twenty-first birthday;
5. If served in the armed forces, must not have been dishonorably discharged;
6. Must not be a member or employee of any law-enforcement organization, as defined by the Council of Police Training;
7. Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Board of Examiners.
Phone: (302) 739-5991