Learn more about the Coronavirus (Covid-19) More Info
This Section will provide direction for those individuals who wish to provide…
• Firearms training to Armed Security Guards, Bail Enforcement Agents, Armored Car Employees or Constables.
• Security License Instruction to Unarmed Security Guards
• Training to Bail Enforcement Agents
Professional Licensing only approves instructors who provide firearm training to individuals applying for a license through Delaware State Police – Professional Licensing. This would only include Armed Security Guards, Armored Car Employees, Bail Enforcement Agents and Constables.
This section does not apply to individuals who wish to provide firearms training for Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon (CCDW) Permit holders. For information on this consult the Delaware Attorney General Office using the link below.
Use the link below to view Firearms Instructors currently approved through Professional Licensing.
DSP/Professional License Approved Firearm Instructors
Before applying to become an approved Firearms instructor, please review the information at each link below:
To become an approved Firearms instructor please complete the form below:
• When applying, please submit current proof of certification by the National Rifle Association as a NRA LE instructor, a law enforcement training and standards commission (i.e. C.O.P.T.), and/or another professional firearms training institution as a “certified law enforcement firearms instructor.” All certifications must have an expiration date listed.
• For more information on NRA LE – Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Certification visit – https://le.nra.org/law-enforcement-training/
For Professional Licensing Information regarding Firearms Instruction please contact Wendy S. Meyers at 302-672-5305 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Current Firearms Instructor forms – to be used by approved instructors only:
REMINDER regarding the Firearms 40-Hour Course:
• The course only covers a day and low light shoot. Another day shoot must be done within the calendar year – 90 days later.
• To remain qualified, firearms qualifications must be done three (3) times per calendar year, with the two (2) day shoots at least 90 days apart. The low light shoot may be combined with one of the day shoots.
To become an approved mandatory Security Guard Instructor (also known as Train-the-Trainer):
• You must pass the Train the Trainer (TTT) course taught by Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC) which is the only Board Approved Training facility permitted to certify instructors.
Please contact Delaware Technical Community College at 302-454-3956 or email@example.com for more information.
• You must be employed by a Board licensed Security Guard Agency or a Board Approved Training facility (DTCC, Sussex Tech HS or Defencify).
• You must present an Affidavit (see below) from the agency verifying your employment prior to registering for the DTCC Instructor class.
• You may only train employees or potential employees of agencies that employ you as per the Administrative Code, Title 24, Section 4.0.
• Your Instructor certification is valid for five (5) years from date of issue. After five (5) years you will need to take the Instructor Certification course again and re-submit documentation.
Security Guard Training Certificate – to be used by certified Security Guard Instructors only
• The attached form is presented by certified Security Guard Instructors to students who successfully complete their Security Guard mandatory Security License Class.
• This form will allow students access to the Delaware Security Guard License Class administered exclusively at Delaware Technical & Community College (DTCC).
• Students must possess this fully completed and signed certificate or they will be denied entry to the Test/Exam.
• Students must also present a copy of this certificate to Professional Licensing when applying for their security license/being fingerprinted.
• Instructor certifications may be used by the instructor to satisfy the Training Certificate necessary if he/she is applying for an Unarmed/Yellow Card Security License.
For information or questions on Security Guard Instruction/Train-the-Trainer please contact Frank Kaleta at or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Training of Bail Enforcement agents is conducted at a Board approved facility. The only approved facility is Delaware Technical & Community College (DTCC) who is responsible for the selection of Bail Enforcement instructors.
Related Topics: Licensing