The Delaware State Police offers an Internship Program for Delaware Residents and/or students of Delaware College/Universities who are genuinely interested in a career in law enforcement and wish to learn more about the Division. The Internship Program will provide the student with exposure to the various facets of the Delaware State Police and an opportunity to participate in a Ride-Along experience with current Troopers in order to get first-hand knowledge of the daily duties of a patrol Trooper.
The Delaware State Police offers Internships for the Fall Semesters, Winter Semesters, and Spring Semesters with the following application deadlines:
- Fall Semester – June 30th
- Winter Semester – October 31st
- Spring Semester – December 31st
- Must be actively attending a Delaware College/University OR a State of Delaware resident;
- A minimum of 30 college credits;
- 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher;
- Must receive college credit from your College/University for participation;
- Ability to work in a professional environment; and
- Must be able to commit at least 15 hours per week
The college internship program coordinator will facilitate the internship while communicating with the involved college or university to monitor progress.
For more information on an internship contact: Sgt. Jayson Jeffers
The Delaware State Police is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.