Armed Guard applicants should also consult the Unarmed FAQ Section in addition to this Armed Section.
Consult this question under the Unarmed FAQ for initial disqualifiers. Firearms Guards are reminded, The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:
• Convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
• Who is a fugitive from justice;
• Who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
• Who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
• Who is an illegal alien;
• Who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
• Who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
• Who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner;
• who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
To review Delaware Code…