|Sergeant Paul Shavack
TROOPERS INVESTIGATE M&T BANK ROBBERY
DSP News Release: Troopers Investigate M&T Bank Robbery
· M & T Bank, 4899 Limestone Road, (Pike Creek) Wilmington, DE
Date of Occurrence:
· Friday, August 12, 2011 at 12:40 p.m.
· 29 year old female bank employee
· White male, 55-60 years of age, 6’0” tall, gray hair with goatee. Last seen wearing tan pants and light colored shirt, armed with handgun.
· Surveillance Photos Attached
Pike Creek-Delaware State Police Robbery Detectives are investigating the robbery of the M & T Bank that occurred this afternoon.
The incident occurred at approximately 12:40 p.m. this afternoon as a male suspect entered the M&T Bank located at 4899 Limestone Road in Pike Creek. The suspect then approached the bank teller and displayed a handgun and demanded cash. The teller complied with the demands and turned over an undisclosed amount of United States Currency. The suspect fled on foot with the cash in an unknown direction.
There were no injuries as a result of this incident.
If anyone has any information in reference to this incident or can identify the suspect in the surveillance photos, are asked to contact the Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com
Send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
Released: 081211 1815