For all fingerprinting processing and licensure, the hours of operation are:
Kent County Hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- No appointments are necessary as we are a walk in facility.
- Call 302-739-5871 for information and directions
New Castle County Hours of operation:
- Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Fri, 8:30 am to 3:15 pm, closed for lunch from 12 to 12:30.
- Tuesday, 11:30 am to 6:15 pm, closed for lunch from 4:00 to 4:30.
- By appointment only - Call 302-739-2528 to schedule an appointment.
- NOT Bail Bondsmen (Please contact the Department of Insurance for licensure)
New Licensure / Initial Classroom Training
Process for obtaining a new license/identification card/badge for Bail Enforcement Agents:
- Initial Classroom Training must be taken first - the next steps will be explained at this training.
- Information/registration for the mandatory classroom training can be found at the DTCC Training Flier link below:
Renewal process for Bail Enforcement Agents:
- Must Complete the BEA application that can be obtained at the below link.
- Follow the directions for the fingerprinting process at either SBI Dover or Troop 2.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $65.00 is due at the time of fingerprinting. Fee can be paid by cash, certified check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, company check, or money order. No personal checks accepted.
- NOTE: Upon approval, an email will be sent with instructions on how to obtain your renewed identification card and license.
- The four year renewal fee of $50.00 shall be paid at this time.
Mandatory continuing education for licensed BEA's can be found at the link below:
Approved instructors for firearms, baton, nightstick, PR24, chemical spray, handcuffs or CEW can be found at the link below:
Criteria for licensure can be found at the below links for the law and rules and regulations: