For all fingerprinting processing and licensure, the hours of operation are:
Kent County Hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- No appointments are necessary as we are a walk in facility.
- Call 302-739-5871 for information and directions
New Castle County Hours of operation:
- Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Fri, 8:30 am to 3:15 pm, closed for lunch from 12 to 12:30
- Tuesday, 11:30 am to 6:15 pm, closed for lunch from 4:00 to 4:30
- By appointment only - Call 302-739-2528 to schedule an appointment.
3. Armored Car Employees
The process for licensure of Armored Car Guards is a follows:
- Must complete the employee application that can be obtained at the below link. Any application not filled out completely will be denied.
- Must pay a non-refundable processing fee of $85.00, via cash, certified check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, company check, or money order. Upon approval; ID cards will be mailed to the applicant’s home address. Please make sure your mailing address is correctly entered at time of payment. Applicants denied for an ID card will be sent a certified letter stating the reason for denial.
- View and read the link below regarding Laws & Rules & Regs for private investigators, private security & armored car guards.
Criteria for licensure:
- Must be hired by a licensed agency before appearing at DSP for processing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must not have been convicted of any Felony; and/or misdemeanor involving the act of theft, drug offenses, or moral turpitude.
- Must not have been convicted of Assault III within the last three years.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Board of Examiners.
- Firearms qualifications must be met through an approved instructor. For a list of instructors, please view the link below of Approved Instructors.